Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peppinos Pizza

photo.jpg

I went around the corner to peppinos on 5th ave btwn 10th and 11th street the other day to try and find the pizza joint I will be frequenting in the new hood. Based on good reviews on yelp I had fairly high expectations. I just hot a slice of plain (2.50). The slice was good, it's not exactly Tonys or carmines from the old neighborhood, it's brick oven and has a slightly thinner crust. I liked the sauce alot, the crust was pretty good too. I'm not sure I'm in love with the quality of the cheese, but will have to return for further research. Peppinos isn't a walkup kindof place, definately more of a sit down and order a whole pie joint. The guy working the counter was pretty cool and the setup is pretty nice for a casual pizza spot. The recession special looks like the most bang for your eating solo buck with 2 plain slices and a drink for 5 bucks. I'm interested to see what the toppings pies are like and how peppinos stacks up against the other spots around there. For the meantime it looks like a reliable place for a quick slice.

No comments:

Contributors