Sunday, May 24, 2009

Eurotrip, and no I don't mean the bad movie with Michelle Trachtenberg...

photo.jpg

I'll go ahead and be honest, my review here is going to be a little biased as my friend works here, that being said, Eurotrip on 5th ave and 20th St in South Slope Brooklyn is a solid spot.

The food definitely falls on the heavier side of things, I've had are the Spicy Hungarian Goulash and the Langoš, Hungarian fried bread, Pub style (home-made tomato sauce, Edam cheese, medium-hot German sausage, fresh mushrooms). I also have had a taste of a couple excellent specials including a very good spicy shrimp bisque. I remember the goulash being really good, pretty spicy without being overwhelming (for me) and a perfect meal to have the afternoon after a long night out. Going with the same idea, I ate the Langoš before a night out. I have only had Langoš here, so I don't really have a point of reference, but this was way heavy on the grease, even for fried bread in my opinion. This aside it was quite tasty and once again pretty spicy, I kindof wonder if this applies to their entire menu. Prices are in the $10-$20 range for entrees, but expect to drink a few beers or alot of water to keep the heat under control.

The atmosphere is nice, huge glass front for easy people watching, a solid bar, and a more intimate backroom with a good display of local art work. I like Eurotrip overall, as long as my friend works there I'll continue going. Although a completely different genre, the pizza place across the way, Toby's Public House (review to come) would probably steal my business if I lived closer...

No comments:

Contributors