Friday, May 15, 2009

Hanco's, The one on 7th ave & 10th st




So I've only been to this location of Hanco's, I hear the other original one is better, but this one is only a few blocks from me. This was my third time or so. I really want to love the place, but I'm pretty sure I just like it. The service is okay, nothing special, order from the nice counter people wait with your number and then go pick up your tray. I am not a big fan of their beverage selection, I really wish their ice green tea was better, I don't believe it is regular green tea, something else is in it. The banh mi-ish sandwiches are damn good, especially the pork one. I wasn't a huge fan of the chicken sandwich (pictured), I think the pork is the way to go. The bread is a bit softer than what you get at Banh Mi Saigon (I think they are a pretty decent reference point) in soho, and I love the fact that there is butter in the sandwiches, but the prices are pretty steep for the amount of food. For a drink and a sandwich plus a buck or two for tip you will cross the $10 mark. I feel like you can feed 2 off one of the banh mi from Saigon and it only costs 4 bucks. But alas being that it is only a few blocks from my house and is the only banh mi option I am aware of in the neighborhood I will definitely continue going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the Hanco's on Bergen St. in BK is veeeeery good.

Contributors