Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Corner Burger in Park Slope




A couple of weeks ago, when I was moving my first round of things down to my current space Preston and I took a post traffic and box moving trip to Corner Burger. It was the second time i've been through there. Not a favorite for me when it comes to burgers, but pretty decent. Pictured above is the beef burger with muenster cheese, bacon, sauteed onions, chipolte mayo, pickles, lettuce and tomato. The good: Tons of options for toppings including a good chipolte mayo sauce, several cheeses, avocado, jalapenos. The bad: you are not asked what temperature you would liked your burger cooked, which my speak to the quality of the meat. The guys that work there are very nice but the service seems rough, like it should be counter service but they do table service anyway.

Will it be my last time in there, probably not, but i wont be having craving for it either. Overall the burgers stay juicy even though they have a tendency to be overcooked and the toppings make up most of the flavors in the burger. They will definitely fall apart on you if you're not careful, so set them down gently and dont squeese to hard when trying to crush all those toppings into a biteable size. Orders of fries are plenty big enough to split and pretty good, I would stick to the regular ones and not the curly fries though, the curlies just arnt crisp enough for me. So if its the middle of the day, and bonnies hasnt opened yet, you could make a worse choice than Corner Burger, they do have beer...

No comments:

Contributors