Friday, May 22, 2009

Bonnie's Grill

3553452513_80b904ac06_o.jpg


Last night I went out to Bonnie's Grill on 5th Avenue and 1st street in Park Slope. The burger poorly pictured above is their veggie patty topped with bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickled jalapeno and chipolte mayo. I know what you're thinking, what the hell am I doing ordering a veggie burger, I'm not quite sure, I did have a couple beers before heading to dinner, and I did get bacon on it...

I have eaten at Bonnie's many times, I started going there a little more than three years ago when apartment hunting in the winter. My brother and I would get their hot wings made extra hot and then stand outside sweating with no jacket. The wings are great here, and they will make them as hot as you want them, easily. If I plan on having more than a few I usually stick to the medium ones, hot is pretty warm. I have seen them use the Endorphin Rush hot sauce before, but I'm not sure what kind of combination of sauces they use for the wings on a regular basis. You will most likely need extra blue cheese, I would recommend ordering it when you order the wings, especially if you are there when its packed. Side note: Bonnie's gets slammed on the weekends, and though pretty damn good, I don't really think its worth waiting in a huge line for. On the other hand their burger stomps that of Corner Burger down the way. The chicken sandwich is ok, as is the pulled pork, but nothing really that special, I usually stick to the burgers, fries and wings. Note: Chipolte mayo for the fries and well everything else too rocks.

Overall for the money I think Bonnie's is a pretty good place. I wouldn't travel from another borough (see: Sripraphai) to go there, but when its not too crowded to get a table right away and I'm in the hood its at the top of my list for burgers and wings, for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Veggie burger ...damn Cliff...Beef buddy!!!

Contributors