Saturday, June 6, 2009

That's The Rub



So I finally I found a basic recipe for a rub. After scouring my cookbooks and the web for way too long, and not having that southern upbringing to fall back on, all it took a DVR’d Alton Brown ribs show. The Food network does nothing but erk me most of the time, with overproduced shows and Giada De Laurentiis fucking smiling every two seconds, but Mr. Brown does, usually come through with helpful tidbits. It was, at last, the simple beginning I needed. U used the show’s recipe of 8-3-1+1, 8 parts brown sugar, 3 parts salt, and one part chili powder, plus one part of the rest. It’s the rest part that makes it fun....and all yours. What is great about it, is you can use anything to measure it all. I used my son’s liquid medicine measuring cup, for the antibiotics he is taking. I’ll be sure I clean it out good before the next dose.

I know your not suppose to give out your rub recipe, but I honestly don’t know how the rub, and the ribs I have put it on, will end up. For the rest part I used, sweet paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ground dry mustard, pulverized dry tarragon, garlic powder and turmeric. How much of each, well you got me. Enough of each to fill up the medicine thingy one more time.

1 comment:

cfh said...

RIBS! hell yeah! instant coffee is good in rubs too. and apparently i'm not the only one who thinks she isn't bad looking.... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071014090319AAEHr0M

Contributors